Background

Monday, December 28, 2009

Month in Review

So it isn't actually the end of the month, but I wanted to see how the saving has been going so far. This was my first month couponing - and here is how I did:

Trips to Price Chopper:
My trips included everything from getting Milk, John Freida Shampoo & Conditioner, Greek Yogurt, Ronzoni Healthy Harvest, Potatoes, Pizza, Waffles, Progresso Beans, Personal Care Items, Paper Products - etc.
What I should have spent - $325.99
What I actually spent - $117.75



Trips to Rite Aid:
This is really one of my favorite stores!
Picked up everything from soda, to Revlon makeup, Chips, I-Motions, Scotch tape, Old Spice for Ryan, Chocolate, Ziplocks, Glad ForceFlex and more!
What I should have spent - $88.84
What I spent - $48.59
(I'm missing a reciept somewhere - I'll add this when I find it! Should bring my should have total to over $100, with what I spent still under $60)
Rite Aid SCR - $7.79
Rite Aid Gift of Savings - $10
Total I spent after all rebates - $30.80

Now onto Target!
Tons of Dishsoap (Method is WONDERFUL at getting grease off cookware!), Lightbulbs, batteries, Veggies, Personal Care Items, Crackers & Cookies (Keebler & Pep Farm), Glade Items, Christmas Presents, Dog Food, Candy, and more!
What I should have spent: $130.89
What I spent: $45.78
Gift Cards Earned: $15.00 (1 for Keebler, 2 for Glade)
Total OOP: $30.78
SC Johnson Rebate $15
Total Money Spent: $15.78!!

WalMart

Grocery items, christmas presents, Ziploc, Hormel, Baking Items
What I should have spent: $47.25
What I spent: $31.50
Note - I did not have coupons for some items - about $10 worth of baking items! Ugh...

The entire month in review:
What I should have spent: $529.97
What I did spend: $243.62
Total of SCR, Rebates, GC, etc:$47.79
Total Money Out of Pocket (After all rebates, GC, etc): $195.83
Total Savings of: $397.14

Wow! That is pretty awesome if I do say so myself! Not only was it groceries, but toilet paper, toothpaste, contact solution and other items that I need! Not to mention FREE REVLON MAKEUP at Rite Aid. (Check the clearance section and use your Revlon coupon from 2 weeks ago in Smart Source - I got 2 free eyeshadow kits.) Hopefully you had just as much luck as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment